Data Science Intern
abillion is a digital platform that helps people around the world discover and make more sustainable choices. Launched in 2018 by CEO Vikas Garg, the company is unique in harnessing the power of social media for social good. The abillion app has been downloaded by more than one million people and the company has donated more than US $1,000,000 to life-saving causes around the world. Consumer reviews, along with consumer insights, are shared with business owners, influencing more than 120,000 brands worldwide to offer more sustainable options.
We're a team of tech geeks and sustainability warriors building an ecosystem to inspire and connect people and businesses around the world. Join us as we build a mission-driven tech company that stands for positive social change at every step.
Are you enthusiastic about data, and keen to make a positive impact with your technical skills? As part of abillion's Data team, you'll be instrumental in driving our data strategy to grow our business. Our focus is to develop data models, leverage data insights to power critical business and product decisions, and produce high-quality research for the sustainability-driven investment community. During your internship. there is no average day at work - you could be working on Product or Business Intelligence initiatives, contributing to the development of data models, designing and launching dashboards, or creating high-quality data visualisations for our research portal, among others. One thing's for sure - you'll be working on high-impact projects and contributing to abillion's businesses from day one.
If you have a solid background in data, and share our vision to accelerate the sustainability movement, we want to hear from you!
- Support product analytics and business intelligence efforts on topics like product engagement, conversion, churn, and more
- Design, build, and maintain KPI dashboards that business stakeholders rely on for key decisions
- Query, transform, and clean messy raw data into actionable data insights for non-technical teams
- Present data insights to the larger team in clear and organised reports, and provide practical recommendations
- Assist in the development and tuning of product models (e.g., Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Engines, Clustering, etc.)
- Pursuing or completed degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative fields. Penultimate year students preferred.
- Experience in Data Science projects (e.g., Data Visualisation, Machine Learning, Text Mining, Dashboarding, etc.)
- Proficient in Python (Bonus: R and/or MongoDB)
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills