We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
As a Sr. Data Engineer at Baubap, your mission is to design, build, and maintain scalable, efficient, and reliable data processing systems to support our ambitious Data Science projects. You will work closely with our Data Science and Risk Management teams to empower them with the high-quality data they need to drive informed decision-making and implement advanced Machine Learning solutions. Your expertise will be vital in enabling Baubap to provide exceptional microloan services and achieve our goal of becoming the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM.
- Maintenance and optimization of key data processing pipelines.
- ML Infrastructure Scale up.
- Implementation of Risk Monitoring Procedures to give oversight over internal pipeline.
Day to day
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines.
- Data integrity assurance, monitoring and resolution.
- Query Performance optimization.
- Purpose built backend logic.
- ML Ops Infrastructure management and scaling.
- Documentation and knowledge sharing.
What you Bring to the team
- Backend background.
- Machine Learning Deployment Experience.
- Cloud Computing Infrastructure knowledge (AWS preferibly).
- Advanced English.
- Daily use MySQL and Python, PHP is a nice to have as well.
- Software/ Computer Science/ engineering background.
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You ****can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Helping others succeed / strong stakeholder focus. While tackling the responsibilities on your plate, you are constantly thinking "How will this impact the other party? Am I doing the absolute best I can to offer excellent support / service? What more could I do to help the other side achieve their goal or grow? Am I optimising for myself, or for the common good?"
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" - 3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.