Senior Financial Specialist (M&A)
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
As a Senior Financial Specialist, you will play a crucial role in effectively managing and diversifying the company's funding source. You will work closely with the finance team, executive management, and external stakeholders to assess funding needs, identify potential funding sources, and develop comprehensive financial models and strategies to support the growth and overall financial stability of Baubap
- Support M&A, financing and capital raise processes including valuation and due diligence.
- Build and maintain financial models (disbursements & payments) to take key business decisions related to funding and cash management.
Day to day
- Maintains control of the current funding sources and monitors availability of these in order to ensure funding availability for transactions (requests for line increases when necessary and seeks for alternative funding sources).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams and external business partners such as banking/financial entities, funds, law firms, etc.
- Preparing the necessary information for credit line disbursements.
- Prepare investor reporting.
- Review legal documents related to funding activities.
- Liaise with accounting and FinOps teams in achieving Finance team deliverables.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business administration, industrial engineer or similar
- +5 years experience in Finance/Banking positions.
- Intermediate- Advanced English
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and manipulate complex financial data.
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" - 3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.