Senior Accountant (General accounting and Tax)
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
you will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of financial operations. You will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting activities, managing financial reporting, implementing controls and processes, ensuring compliance with tax regulations and supporting strategic financial decision-making. Your expertise in accounting principles, regulations, and financial analysis will contribute to the overall financial health and success of Baubap
- The accounting manager will supervise the accounting department, prepare reports for company leads, and develop standards and processes for proper financial management.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Ensure compliance with local and international tax laws and regulations, including the timely filing of tax returns and payments
Day to day
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements analyses and reports
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring budgets, forecasts and projections
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Take ownership in the investigation and resolution of audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Review accounting records of subsidiaries and affiliates
- Maintain accurate controls of asset depreciation
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting related
- 6+ relevant experience working within accounting in a Finance Organization
- Advanced skills in Excel and other office applications
- Intermediate- Advanced English
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- ERP Implementation experience
- Mexico City residence
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
Your skills (adjust based on what you need)
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You ****can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Helping others succeed / strong stakeholder focus. While tackling the responsibilities on your plate, you are constantly thinking "How will this impact the other party? Am I doing the
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" - 3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.