Senior Brand Designer
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role (Role mission, be very specific and avoid buzzwords)
We are seeking a talented and experienced Brand Designer to join our Design System & Branding team. As a Brand Designer, you will play a vital role in shaping and enhancing our brand identity and visual communication. Your creative vision, attention to detail, and strategic thinking will contribute to the development and implementation of a cohesive and compelling brand across various channels and different touchpoints.
Outcomes (What we want the role to accomplish)
- ✨ Visual Brand Identity : Define and refine the brand's visual identity, including logo applications, color palette, typography, video guidelines and other brand elements and guarantee they respond to brand strategy.
- 🎯 Brand guidelines: Create and maintain a comprehensive brand guidelines that outline the brand's visual standards, usage guidelines, best practices, does and don't. Provide guidance and support to internal teams and external partners to ensure brand consistency across all communication channels.
- 💬 Communication flow: Generate a communication flow to ensure visual brand consistency among different brand assets generated by different teams and/or external parties. Clearly communicate design concepts and rationale to stakeholders, mainly designers across different teams, and gather feedback for iterative design improvements.
- 🎯 Brand consistency: Be the guardian of Brand Visual consistency. Provide guidance, support and feedback to internal teams and external partners to ensure brand consistency across all communication channels.
- 🖼️ Visual designs & Brand templates : Create visually compelling and on-brand designs that effectively communicate key messages to target audiences, for either advertising campaigns, website or social media executions. Also develop brand templates to facilitate brand consistency across different touchpoints.
- 🛠️ Maintenance: Contribute to the development and maintenance of design systems, style guides, and component libraries to ensure consistency and scalability across multiple products and platforms.
- ✨ Industry benchmarks: Stay up-to-date with design trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices related to branding and visual communication. Apply this knowledge to inform design decisions and ensure the brand remains relevant and visually impactful. Share knowledge and insights with the design team to drive continuous improvement.
Day to day (Task that help us achieve the outcomes)
- Work along with Branding team and key stakeholders to refine Brand's Visual Identity.
- Create and define style foundations, components and documentation for the design system.
- Collaborate with different design members across the organization to align designs and gather feedback from iteration.
- Give feedback to external agencies in design endeavors.
- Craft templates and visuals for Baubap brand to have consistent communication material across all touchpoints.
- Proven experience as a Brand Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing a range of brand design projects and your design process.
- Strong understanding of brand identity design principles, including typography, color theory, and layout.
- Has proven experience generating/giving guidance in executions in both offline (out of home) and online media (performance marketing, organic content, e-mail marketing, web).
- Excellent visual, strategic and conceptual thinking skills, with the ability to translate complex ideas and strategic brand principles into visually compelling visual elements and designs.
- Experience in developing brand guidelines and ensuring brand consistency across various mediums.
- Previous experience building brands in tech industry.
- Solid and updated experience with Figma and Adobe Suite
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate design concepts and rationale among other stakeholders, including designers.
- You know how to tell stories
- Tidy and attentive to details
Nice to have:
- You illustrate
- Experience creating animations (After effects, Lottie files, other similars)
- Past experience in a brand studio or creating a brand from scratch.
- Experience as a coordinator of other designers.
Your skills (adjust based on what you need)
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Team player. Ability to collaborate effectively and harmoniously with others in a team or cross-functional environment. Share your knowledge with, skills and expertise with your teammates. Respect and value the contribution of others. Not egos allowed.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Growth mindset. Embraces continuous learning, experimentation, and adaptation. Being self-aware allows you to identify areas for growth, set goals, and pursue professional development opportunities.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Helping others succeed / strong stakeholder focus. While tackling the responsibilities on your plate, you are constantly thinking "How will this impact the other party? Am I doing the absolute best I can to offer excellent support / service? What more could I do to help the other side achieve their goal or grow? Am I optimising for myself, or for the common good?"
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" - 3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.