Engineering Manager QA
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
As the Engineering Manager for the QA (Quality Assurance) Team, you'll lead a specialized group adept in both automation and functional testing approaches. This team is instrumental in ensuring the functionality, reliability, and performance of our software solutions, playing a pivotal role in delivering a top-tier user experience.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality software through meticulous testing.
- Lead and implement the automation strategy for efficient and comprehensive test coverage.
- Efficiently handle any escalated defects or software quality concerns.
- Collaborate with development and product teams to understand requirements and devise appropriate testing strategies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the QA team.
- Lead efforts in achieving main and additional KPIs, monitoring progress through metrics.
Day to day
- Provide leadership and direction to QA Functional and QA Automation Engineers.
- Oversee the development and execution of test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures.
- Manage and enhance automated testing frameworks and tools.
- Handle escalated defects or software quality issues, collaborating with development teams for timely resolution.
- Ensure that QA methodologies align with the broader organizational goals and quality standards.
- Lead a cross-functional team in a hybrid Scrum/'as a service' approach, ensuring effective collaboration and top-tier quality assurance.
- Track all tasks, sprints, and progress through Jira, maintaining clarity on the team's workload.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role in a tech company with a focus on QA.
- Deep understanding of both manual and automated testing methodologies.
- Experience in leading cross-functional QA teams.
- Experience in automating tests for Android applications and APIs.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Nice to have:
- Certifications in Quality Assurance or related areas.
- Experience with performance and security testing.
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Helping others succeed / strong stakeholder focus. While tackling the responsibilities on your plate, you are constantly thinking "How will this impact the other party? Am I doing the absolute best I can to offer excellent support / service? What more could I do to help the other side achieve their goal or grow? Am I optimising for myself, or for the common good?"
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" $3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.