Head of Talent Development
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
As Head of Talent Development, you will will be responsible for making sure our team remains high-performing and that our team members keep growing with us as the company grows.
We want to make sure that Baubap remains a great place to work, where people are fully engaged in their roles, challenged to do their best work and keep growing professionally.
One of our key virtues is #alwaysbelearning, and we want to make sure we live this virtue on a daily basis!
As Head of Talent Development you will be responsible for:
- implementing efficient and effective performance management cycles, that guide our team members on their professional path to growth,
- working together with the direct leaders to identify the skills gaps within their team and design strategies to address them,
- keep developing the leadership skills of our current managers so that they can provide the best possible support to their team members.
Your team will also closely partner with the two other teams within the People area - the Talent Acquisition team and the People Operations team, and you will be directly responsible for maintaining the engagement rate of our team members very high!
- Building and developing your own high performance team, so that they can guide and support the different areas within Baubap
- Planning and implementing regular team-wide performance reviews to help our team members keep growing within the company, and designing action plans based on the outcomes
- Developing effective strategies for identifying skills gaps within the different teams
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality, impactful, and scalable learning experiences for all of our team
- Designing and implementing efficient and engaging onboarding process, that sets up our new team members for success as fast as possible,
- Designing and implementing a leadership program that ensures our managers have all the right tools to keep supporting their teams and help them reach the expected level of excellence
Day to day
- Evaluate, select, and implement learning management system (LMS) and other learning tools that help us deliver efficient and effective learning programs
- Organise and oversee individual and team-wide training programs, either internally or with the support of external providers
- Design and implement guidelines regarding the team members’ internal professional growth
- Ensuring your team helps the leaders of other areas to map out career paths and growth opportunities for the different team members
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and professional development throughout the company
- Foster a positive learning environment that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Collaborate with the leaders of the other areas to ensure their onboarding process is designed correctly and helps their team members succeed the fastest possible
- Help the leaders of the other areas take hard decisiones when necessary
What you bring to the team
- You’ve done this before - you successfully lead the implementation of efficient talent management practices in a fast-scaling, constantly changing startup environment
- You developed, implemented, and lead performance management cycles in startups with a hybrid organisation
- You hired, developed, and managed your own high-performing team
- You have developed strong views on “what the right way to do things” is, and act with conviction based on strong foundations
- You demonstrated analytical and strategic depth, thinking from first principles across multiple problems, rather than relying on general frameworks:
- You are always asking “but why” and challenging the way things are done
- You are passionate about education design, and helping people reach their full potential
- You are familiar and comfortable with various LMS and performance management tools
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" 3,112 MXN / month.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Coworking contribution
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.