Tech Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology
By 2030, be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
To be part of this fast–growing fintech and join the team responsible for implementing the data strategy for the company, and delivering tangible results to support and implement Baubap’s mission. As aTech Lead Machine Learning Engineer in Baubap you will work closely with the business and operational units, understand the problems that we want to solve , propose and implement data- and Machine Learning-driven solutions. In addition, you will be able to measure and communicate the impact of Machine Learning models on business.
- Constant analysis of business metrics
- Researching, improving and building new ML models into production for new project lines
- Monitoring ML algorithms results
- Maintaining datasets for algorithm retraining
- Coordinating and management different Machine Learning Projects using Scrum Methodology
- Take full and final ownership of the team’s main KPI which is to increase Credit Risk Models Predictive power.
Day to Day
- Propose, design, implement, monitor, and bring Machine Learning solutions into production to address these business problems.
- Research exhaustively the viability of new features, data sources and/or algorithm optimizations.
- Propose creative new initiatives that can improve our Credit Risk Models
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to ensure smooth and successful implementation of pipelines for the new features.
- Spearhead and manage various machine learning projects, employing Scrum methodology to ensure timely and efficient deliverables.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for elevating our key performance indicator: the predictive power of our Credit Risk Models and frequently update the company about the key achievements.
What You Bring to the Team
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in MySQL
- Strong Experience with the complete Machine Learning Pipeline (Feature engineering, ML model training, evaluation and monitoring)
- Experience in Fintech industry
Nice to have
- Experience in startup
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You ****can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Helping others succeed / strong stakeholder focus. While tackling the responsibilities on your plate, you are constantly thinking "How will this impact the other party? Am I doing the absolute best I can to offer excellent support / service? What more could I do to help the other side achieve their goal or grow? Am I optimising for myself, or for the common good?"