Head of Finance
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is be the most inclusive digital bank in LATAM with more than 2.5 million clients.
About your role
As Head of Finance, you will maintain our company’s financial health and drive long-term profitability, through resource optimization and the implementation of best practices. You'll oversee all financial operations, including managing the Debt Capital Market and Financial Operations teams, in order to fuel the growth of our business by ensuring that the company complies with all relevant regulations and norms in the fintech space.
Considering you will be leading two teams, the main outcomes are closely linked to their correct functioning. For both teams, we will expect you to:
- Build, develop and manage a high-performance team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement, and
- Ensuring the team is in sync with the company's culture, approach, and strategic vision.
- Ensure timely and efficient development of our financial products and services (preparation for migration to SOFIPO structure, correct functioning of our banking core and external integrations),
- Continuously improve our operational efficiency and profitability by optimising our debt resources and implementing best practices,
- Ensure that the service to our customers (disbursing loans) is never interrupted.
Debt Capital Markets
- Identify, assess and onboard viable funding sources to make sure our day-to-day operations are uninterrupted and to prepare for our expansion,
- Explore and prepare for new investment rounds,
- Explore new debt facilities to diversify our existing portfolio and decrease our exposure to risk, while maximising returns,
- Cultivate and nurture our existing and new funding relationships.
What you will be doing
- Own and improve the finance operations and fintech partnerships of Baubap
- Own and improve the investor relationships of Baubap
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results
- Ensure daily funding (including weekends), maintaining a healthy cash flow.
- Drive optimization and automatization plans
- Manage a multidisciplinary team, closely monitor team KPIs, and maintain the highest levels of quality.
- Create tools and insights (in partnership with your team) to empower leaders to make sound financial decisions and business case assessments
- Maintain and refine the financial Core and its external dependencies.
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct risk management
What you bring to the team
- Experience as a leader or senior contributor in a start-up that has scaled from Series A stage to later rounds
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically to an executive audience
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- An understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 10+ relevant experience
- Advanced skills in Excel and other office applications
- Advanced English
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You ****can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
What we can offer you
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacations days / year + bonus.
- 1 month Christmas bonus.
- Health & Life insurance.
- Vales de despensa $3112 mxn / month.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- 2 psychological sessions / month with Terapify.
- Baubap free loan.
- Competitive salary.