Engineering Manager - Integrations
We are a fast-growing, Mexican fintech startup with the mission to become the bridge to people’s financial freedom through technology.
We are providing microloans to people in financial need through a fast and efficient process, always treating them with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our long-term vision is to become the largest inclusion bank in LATAM by 2030.
About your role
As the Engineering Manager for Integrations at our company, your mission is to architect and maintain robust integration systems that serve as the technological backbone for our financial operations. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that our financial data flows seamlessly and securely between our internal systems and external financial institutions, credit bureaus, and regulatory entities.
- Successful development and maintenance of banking and external vendor integrations, ensuring efficiency and security.
- Creation and optimization of internal processes for regulatory and audit compliance.
- Leading integrations team projects from conception to implementation, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Maintaining effective communication between the technology team and finance department, fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Keep clear and direct communication channels with external providers to solve outages according to organizational SLAs.
Day to day
- Oversee the design, development, and deployment of banking integrations and third-party systems.
- Work closely with the finance team to understand their needs and translate them into robust technological solutions.
- Manage and mentor the integrations team, setting clear goals and promoting continuous professional development.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external partners to resolve technical issues and improve process efficiency.
- Ensure all integrations and processes adhere to applicable security standards and regulations.
- Facilitate code reviews and ensure the adoption of best software engineering practices.
- Lead the design of architectural patterns to prevent external systems from introducing instability to our product while suffering outages.
- Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering roles, with a demonstrated track record in integration projects.
- A minimum of 3 years in technical leadership or engineering management positions, with a focus on team development and project delivery.
- Proven experience in the fintech sector or financial industry, particularly in roles that have involved the technological facets of financial services, demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry's unique challenges and opportunities.
- Solid understanding of financial regulations and compliance processes, with experience ensuring that integration solutions meet all required standards.
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies and development frameworks, with a strong history of applying these principles to effectively manage and deliver complex integration projects.
- Experience in leading technical teams, fostering an inclusive and productive work environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to manage projects end-to-end, aligning business goals with technological solutions.
- Clear and transparent communication. You are able to able to express your thoughts clearly, concisely and to the point. You can openly discuss any blockers you have, and constructively point out areas for improvement.
- Relentlessly resourceful at execution and problem solving. You make things happen, no matter what. You are disciplined, organized and systematically follow through on your work. Instead of getting stuck thinking "well, this doesn't work", you look for creative / innovative / outside-of-the-box solutions to fix the issue and move on.
- Sense of urgency. You operate with a constant sense of urgency (as if there was a large, hungry wolf chasing you), constantly looking for ways to move ahead and push everything around you to get to your desired outcome in the most efficient and productive way. You don’t wait around and make things happen.
- Flexibility / adaptability / resilience. You ****can maintain your composure and focus despite the constantly changing environment, and adequately adapt to new conditions. You can swiftly change the course of action when needed, and you don't get easily demotivated.
- Being self-driven /committed. You require very little guidance and intervention from your leader to move ahead. You can correctly read what the situation requires, and take the necessary action accordingly. If your leader were to disappear, you can still move ahead and make relevant things happen. You act because you want to, and not because someone else is telling you that you should.
- Strategic thinking / seeing the bigger picture. You can see further than just your immediate "doorstep". You can correctly assess the deeper implications of certain decisions that might materialise in the future, and take decisions accordingly. You often use data or previous research to inform your recommendations and decisions.
- Critical / analytical thinking. You can correctly analyse the root causes of a problem, without getting side-tracked by irrelevant, minor details. You can come to the right conclusion and propose a clear, logical plan of action. You don't stay on the surface of things.
- Being part of a multinational, highly driven team of professionals.
- Flexible and remote working environment.
- High level of ownership and independence.
- 20 vacation days / year + 75% holiday bonus.
- 1 month (proportional) of Christmas bonus.
- "Vales de despensa" 3,112 MXN / month.
- Coworking contribution
- Health & Life insurance.
- Home office set-up budget.
- Unlimited budget for Kindle books.
- Baubap Free Loan.
- Competitive salary.