Sales Development Specialist
Boon is a gamified peer-to-peer referral network that empowers everyone to refer top talent they know to employers and get paid for successful hires. We make it easy and rewarding for people to find and share incredible opportunities with their friends and colleagues.
The employment process is something that every single person has to go through, whether it’s finding a job or finding talent to hire. And despite all of the new tools and technologies that are available today, it’s still a fragmented, cumbersome, and frustrating process for everyone - at Boon, we aim to change that.
There are 11 million open jobs in the US, the highest there has ever been in the country at one time. Employers are scrambling to adopt new talent sourcing solutions that enable them to scale their workforce more quickly and efficiently. This is all while contending with mounting pressure to adopt a more diverse & inclusive hiring process.
To help capitalize on this unprecedented opportunity, we are looking for clever, passionate and highly self-motivated sales development executive to lead our outbound growth efforts.
The Sales Development Executive is responsible for one main role: driving revenue growth by developing key business relationships.
The role requires a strong focus on new business development and up-selling to existing clients, when appropriate. This will be achieved through sound account planning, leverage current network to identify high-quality clients, developing assigned deals and accounts, understanding the client business environment, educating clients on Boon’s product offerings, and identifying ways the company can assist clients in solving its application development testing challenges.
- Create, manage and optimize outbound lead generation campaigns across various mediums, including phone, email, and social media.
- Properly qualify and close new business through prospecting, presenting, and nurturing relationships.
- Be obsessed about hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
- Quickly get up to speed on our technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
- Develop and lead compelling, high-impact online software demos; maintain, update and improve the software demonstration environment and related tools.
- Own dashboards and reports within our CRM for our team to manage the day-to-day development of opportunities in our CRM.
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with customer decision-makers to increase adoption, create new opportunities and secure their advocacy on Boon’s behalf.
- Work in partnership with leadership and marketing team members to support day-to-day needs for existing customers.
- B.A. or B.S. degree, extra points for those who studied business.
- Sales experience operating within a quota, required
- Proven track record of successful customer engagements across a spectrum of verticals.
- Previous experience with SaaS, startup, and/or the recruitment space is highly desired but not required.
- Works extremely well in a fast-paced environment! Highly proactive with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- You are highly organized and have an inquisitive mind allowing you to deliver results from those qualified lead lists as well as from your own network.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience using and managing a CRM, strong technical skills with a variety of tools.
- Initiative to find or create the resources and lead generation efforts, if needed.
- A strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling of a solution sale.
- Motivated to advance growth and be a leader in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company environment.
- Technically literate and comfortable working with Internet technologies, and desire to build technical knowledge.
- Knowledge/background of email, digital & direct marketing.
- Ability to understand overall business objectives and make accurate, thoughtful decisions.
Boon is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Boon does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.