Principal Data Engineer - Analytics
About the position:
At Cabify we are a data-driven company. Our team builds and develops a huge data warehouse where the Data Analytics team can find not only raw data, but also complex etls processes to provide the insights they need.
But where can I see all that data? We have a Tableau server instance that contains thousands of workbooks and is consulted by hundreds of users every day. We manage that instance so we work hard to make sure everything works properly. We also created, and keep on creating, tooling around Tableau and our data warehouse, in order to keep on improving the way our users interact with data.
At Analytics Engineering we manage our own cloud infrastructure (AWS). Our in-house etls platform has more than 300 processes (Python, Airflow, Redshift, S3, Spectrum, Glue, RDS) that we visualize with our Tableau server cluster (Tableau Server Linux, Ec2, Python).
We are looking for new members, and this is how you will play an important part in helping us achieve our mission:
- Maintain & evolve our data warehouse, making sure the data is easily accessible, reliable & accurate.
- Create data models, applying business logic to data. Evaluate all proposals and requests to improve the structure of the data warehouse.
- Coordinate with other data stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
- Design, develop, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse activity. Including defining standards for the data warehouse as well as troubleshooting ETL processes and resolving issues effectively.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
- You continuously find ways to derive more value in our raw data and lower the amount of effort our end users spend on getting answers.
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You're accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective data solutions.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- Proven track record in Data Modeling.
- At least 5 years tenure in coding and delivering complex data projects.
- At least 5 years of work experience in python.
- You have high level SQL skills, which allows you to implement, understand and improve complex queries.
- You have proper DBA skills, with which you should ensure high standards in DWH data accessibility, integrity, security & performance monitoring.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions: L5 up to €99k
- Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- This position is partially on site, we expect you to come to the office 3 days per week!
- Our office is located in Madrid.
- Regular team events (quarterly offsite events & afterwork every Thursday).
- Cabify staff free rides,.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths.
- Annual budget for training
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
- A pet room ,so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!