Mobile Engineering Manager
Who we are?
Payclip is changing the way payments work in Mexico! We are empowering people to exchange value directly from a mobile device. Clip enables anyone to accept card payments, at any time, and anywhere by turning your smartphone or tablet into a card terminal. We're a well-funded quickly growing FinTech startup. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager to be part of this amazing and fast – growing fintech who will be part of the team responsible for the overall success of our engineering organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. Responsible for overseeing mobile engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. This role will be focused on making Clip’s core product better and more reliable by building scalable software for our users. He/She should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities. This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving technology.
What will I be doing?
- Coach and Mentor Team Leads and Engineers for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and products demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Organize, assign, and evaluate teamwork, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Work with the Engineering Director and VP to develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- 6+ years Mobile Software development.
- 4+ years in a manager rol hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Strong experience with Android and iOS, more inclined to Android experience.
- Strong background experience in Native App development
- Background experience in Mobile architecture
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Comfortable in a high growth and ever changing environment.
- Technical affinity and/or a solid understanding of the card and payment industry.
If you are unstoppable, creative, and have the skills we need, we want to talk to you!!
At Clip we embrace and honor the differences of our Clippers, and together we create a vibrant and extraordinary culture in a space where everyone can be their true self and thrive to their full potential.
We promote access to the same opportunities in a safe and respectful space, free of discrimination and harassment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion have been part of Clip since its foundation and are a key part of our essence. Together we make the extraordinary happen!
If you are unstoppable, creative and have the skills we need, we want to hear from you!
"Please consult www.clip.com.mx to learn more about our privacy notice."