VP Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Posted on Sunday, October 24, 2021
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp, you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The FightCamp iOS app holds over 1,000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We’ve quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the connected fitness market. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We’re committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for sustainable growth.
FightCamp (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
About the Role of VP Manufacturing & Supply Chain
As a VP of Supply Chain & Manufacturing at FightCamp, you will be responsible for overseeing the company's supply chain operations and manufacturing operations. You will lead purchasing efforts, manage inventory, and keep in contact with key vendors and partners. You will also arrange the distribution and shipping of FightCamp's hard and soft goods. You will play a critical role in analyzing the performance data to forecast trends in supply and demand while proposing and implementing improvements wherever necessary.
As part of this role, you'll partner closely with engineering to develop, source and bring to market cutting edge new technology. You'll be a pivotal part of our new product introduction efforts. In this aspect you will be expected to support the set up a production line from the ground up, partnering with manufacturers abroad.
This role will work closely with many internal teams such as Customer Service, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and the FightCamp executive team. In this role, you'll report directly to the chief operating officer.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling
- Direct FightCamp’s supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods
- Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of manufacturing operations
- Work with FightCamp executive team to build reports and monitor forecast in partnership with a cross functional team
- Create budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Sourcing strategic supply base for current and future products through direct partnership with engineering
- Manage tier 1 and tier 2 supplier quality metrics and performance
- Optimize inbound and outbound global logistics
- Manage on time production schedule and product availability
- Drive continuous quality improvement while obtaining cost reduction
- Establish and implement internal processed and procedures
- Hire and mentor supply chain team
- 10+ years of experience
- Extensive supply chain systems experience
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing teams
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and internal employees
- Demonstrated experience building production lines in partnership with international contract manufacturers
- Strong analytical and organizational skillsAbility to operate independently
- Domestic and international travel required
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan for US-based employees
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Fitness subsidies
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.