Business Development Team Lead
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia, expanding into a leading SME neobank. We are licensed and registered in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and operating in Vietnam, and backed by Sequoia India, Softbank Vision Fund and SMBC bank amongst many others. Funding Societies | Modalku provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is funded by individual and institutional investors.
And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values GETFS :
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
What you will do :
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and targets.
- Lead and guide a team of business development managers.
- Plan, train and recruit talent, build a cohesive and successful team and provide active coaching, mentoring on the job.
- Build key client relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate, and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Strengthen and continue expansion of current sales network.
- Monitor and report market trends, competitor analysis and proactively serve customer relationship management.
- To identify new opportunities on latest industry trends as to increase revenue growth of the company.
- Work closely with internal parties and solve issues with regard operations and risks matters.
- Review and report weekly/monthly sales reports.
- Focus on revenue target setting accountability, sales strategy, and career development of others, liaising with other managers on medium to long-term sales planning.
- Demonstrate commitment and adherence to company values and culture points in day-to-day responsibilities and interactions
- Handle any ad-hoc tasks or projects allocated to you..
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration / Management or any related field.
- Strong people management and leadership skills• Good interpersonal and communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Proven track record in SME lending or commercial banking.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and marketing.
- Team management experience preferred.
- Pleasant personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and also work well with external parties.
- Result oriented with ability to lead a team to meet business targets.
- Possesses basic business acumen and familiar with SME client financing needs, issues, trends and policies in the country.
- Analytical and able to think strategically.
- Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Well versed in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development: We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity