Capital Markets Director
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
The Capital Markets Director will be leading the Capital Markets function with a strong focus on raising debt and expanding the various debt and capital markets initiatives such as securitization, debt raising and management of existing debt facilities. Aside from this, the Capital Markets Director will be involved in strategic projects.
A successful candidate should demonstrate team leadership and fit with our cultural values. Your biggest role will be to develop and execute the company’s debt capital markets (“DCM”) strategy and planning. Together with in-country investor teams, you will be directly involved in and leading institutional debt raising activities (long- and short-term debt, across different currencies with exposure to both institutional as well as high net worth fundraising client segments).
What you will do:
- Manage and lead the identification and approach to MNC banks, investment/credit funds, impact investors & other debt investors; including identification of overseas funding sources and developing the materials
- Lead ad-hoc strategic projects as the business partner for our business leads and execute them to fruition, as a hands-on execution leader for projects such as institutional debt raise, securitization and DeFi
- Provide input and work with CFO and CEO on equity fundraising activities, input on pitch decks, financial/ valuation analyses and financial modeling
- Build on relationships with existing investors, and submitting further applications for funding
- Together with the CFO, you will (re)negotiate the terms (financial and legal) for capital instruments such as debt, bonds, decentralised finance, etc.
- Manage relationships with all relevant parties in the capital markets network (lenders, bankers, investors, credit rating agencies, trustees, lawyers etc.) and prepare loan proposals and credit monitoring data for various debt instruments
- Provide input to the Treasurer to be able to actively manage and monitor the liquidity, ALM, financial positions, covenants in place and overall balance sheet management
- Use external and market benchmarks to measure performance
- Manage due diligence requests from prospective investors, research and gather necessary information and prepare a comprehensive response
What we are looking for:
- You are commercial determined
- You bring in 8-10 years’ relevant experience in the (commercial) capital markets or treasury field, ideally in a financial institution
- You have a well-developed understanding of: debt, bonds, derivatives, hedging, multi-currency, forex and international funds flows, in particular the Asia Pacific jurisdiction and cross border regulations relating to payment and collections as well as lending
- You understand the foundations of tax, legal, accounting, treasury control and treasury IT
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, a post graduate or MBA will be a plus
You will shine in this job if you are/have:
- You have above par communication and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy financial & legal terms negotiation and have experience with it
- You have the ability to drive and implement insights and change in a challenging start-up environment
- You are analytical, curious & business focused
- You are a collaborator, able to partner with internal stakeholders and external partners
- You bring in demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Experience working with the Singapore Variable Capital Company legal and operational framework would be a plus
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity