Senior Compliance Officer
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
We are in search of a Senior Compliance Officer who will oversee all business and operations relating to Compliance including policies, investments, and procedures for Thailand, and supporting Compliance related activities across other SEA countries. He/She will assist, develop and implement company policies and procedures including enterprise-wide risk management, fit and proper checks, business continuity management and outsourcing framework.
What you will do:
- Subject matter expert on AML/CFT and KYC issues
- Manage information requests and liaison communication with the SEC and other government agencies
- Design, evaluate, maintain internal policies, and coordinate with different department managers to help shape the company's approach on Compliance and related matters
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend improvements.
- Review, evaluate and audit company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Lead employee training sessions on compliance issues.
- Perform compliance review on outsourcing vendors.
- Maintain various compliance and regulatory registers
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a compliance manager, or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills
- Fintech related compliance experience preferred
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity