Data Science Intern
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Data Science Intern to join our dynamic team at Funding Societies. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of experts in a collaborative and innovative environment. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing large and complex datasets, developing predictive models, and providing insights that drive business decisions.
What will you do:
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithms for predictive modeling and data analysis
- Analyze and interpret complex data to identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Design A/B testing experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of new products, features, and marketing campaigns
- Research best practices and methodologies in the field of fintech, AI, and machine learning
What we are looking for:
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, and data visualization tools
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and their applications in fintech
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity