Senior Manager, Credit
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
- Oversee the company’s credit administration matters while also ensuring that all credit related activities are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulatory requirements; including credit underwriting, operations and collection activities.
- Leading and managing a team of credit and collection professionals in ensuring all key metrics assigned are met.
- Implement and ensure customer selection and acceptance framework to be within the acceptable credit decisioning framework and in compliance with internal and external guidelines/procedures/limits.
- Identify emerging and material risks within product portfolio and provide recommendations and solutions to Management team on credit & recovery risk portfolio management.
- Provide subject matter expert recommendations, advice, input/counsel to relevant stakeholders inclusive of Business Unit, Credit & Risk Committees or Management, as and when needed.
- Execute and implement a continuous improvement approach to collections risk strategy through analytics of performance data.
- Provide feedback and guidance on the best practices and advise on acceptable structure of financing applications to business unit.
- Develop, enhance and monitor the performance of the credit scoring systems and statistical models in credit decision.
- Manage and monitor the efficacy of credit policies, procedures and supporting mechanisms in controlling credit & recovery risk and making appropriate credit & recovery related recommendations.
What are we looking for:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in credit (underwriting & operations) and recovery/collections.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyse and interpret credit and repayment data.
- Ability to execute and drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Experience in handling SME portfolio.
- Strong knowledge of lending principles and credit management in Financial Service environment.
- Knowledge and experience in financial product development.
- Experience in managing a team and work collaboratively with cross functional/department team members across the company.
- Performance driven and ability to work under pressure to meet targets.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with curated learning programs on our internal learning platform.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity