Senior Credit Analyst (SME Lending)
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia, expanding into a leading SME neobank. We are licensed and registered in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and operating in Vietnam, and backed by Sequoia India, Softbank Vision Fund and SMBC bank amongst many others. Funding Societies | Modalku provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is funded by individual and institutional investors.
And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values GETFS:
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
Funding Societies Vietnam is looking for a Senior Credit Analyst to perform analytical tasks and evaluate risk presented by small and medium sized enterprises. Analysts will review bank statements, financial statements history, credit reports, assets, invoices, purchase contracts, etc. Additional responsibilities include entering data into the client’s loan operating system, utilizing an automated underwriting system to determine approval, performing KYC checks, and clearing conditions for final approval.
What you will do:
- Collect, review, and verify loan applications, supporting documentation, and vendor reports to identify signs of fraudulent activities
- Analyze the level of risk for lending, request additional information and conduct site visits as necessary
- Prepare underwriting reports and submit to Credit Committee for approval
- Offer recommendations on eligibility decisions and approve/reject applications
- Communicate with loan officers and managers to maintain a case-by-case follow-up for potential clients
- Re-assess risk when policies come up for renewal
- Resolve pre- and post-closing issues as they relate to underwriting
- Other tasks assigned by line manager
What you will need:
- Completed Bachelor and/or Master’s degree within Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, and credit analysis
- Overall knowledge of commercial business and regulations that specifically affect SME credits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong English skills, Problem-solving and Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural team, and outside of business hours when necessary
- Capability to do complex vintage analysis using statistical packages
- Understand IFRS 9 ECL provisioning
- Ability to be able to draft coherent policies in English
- Experienced in training staff on fraud detection
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone to learn with our internal learning system
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity