Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia, expanding into a leading SME neobank. We are licensed and registered in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and operating in Vietnam, and backed by Sequoia India, Softbank Vision Fund and SMBC bank amongst many others. Funding Societies | Modalku provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is funded by individual and institutional investors.
And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values GETFS:
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
As a Collections Manager, you will be responsible for managing collections of assigned portfolio via executing collections' strategies and negotiate for payments, restructuring and settlement with customers.
- To manage collections of assigned portfolios via executing collections' strategies and negotiate for payments, restructuring and settlement with customers
- To touch base with delinquent customers via calls & emails to drive collections & maintaining customer relations
- Stakeholder engagement with Credit, Sales, Legal and Ops in identifying and resolving problems impacting collections, i.e dispute resolution & contract issues
- To coordinate and follow up with outsourced law firms, debt collection agencies and similar partners as well as update litigation process and status
- To prepare & submit monthly reports and forecasts. This includes analysis & commentaries on delinquent customers
- To manage repayment related processes for regular customers
- To handle special & ad hoc projects as assigned and Identify opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures or tools
- To support team members according to the back up plan and on ad hoc basis if required.
- To ensure standard work documents are constantly up to date
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and can include other responsibilities as assigned
- Any other ad hoc tasks assigne
- Proven experience as debt collector more than 5 years, with overall experience of at least 8 years
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, accounting, business management, or a similar field.
You will shine in this role if you have :
- Good collaboration with all counterparties
- Self-motivated and open minded to learn new aspects of work.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development: We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with curated learning programs on our internal learning platform
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity