Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
What you will do:
- Supervise overall Collection function, including Collection Operations, Collection Strategy, and Collection MIS
- Design and evaluate existing Collection Strategy following portfolio or market dynamics, in terms of portfolio management technique to maintain quality within our risk appetite
- Supervise, develop, and motivate Collection Operations team with the right capabilities and incentives
- Provide constructive inputs to the Business Partner (Business, Credit, PDE) to improve the overall lending business process.
- Design, evaluate and review SOPs and guidelines related to collection activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders i.e. Business product owners and Risk product owners to plan a timely, effective & efficient collection approach, across a full credit cycle (product design – acquisition – maintenance – recovery & write-off) Maintain relationship with external stakeholders i.e. law firm, collection agency, software vendors, regulators and other relevant parties
What we are looking for:
- Ideally possess 5-6 years of experience in managerial level (officer / staff-level experience does not count) for banking or financial institutions, and min. 3 years of those are within the Credit Collection / Recovery function / Special Asset Management
- Comfortable with reporting as a part of the job, and able to pinpoint the right performance metrics to focus on.
- Has led several key initiatives which are his/her original ideas (not only following existing / status quo initiatives)
- Is an excellent problem solver, on top of being a good executor
- Capable of managing multiple workstreams, including ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Able to be hands-on on all aspects of his scope when called upon, can teach and direct on the right practice (not expected on all fronts, since middle management and officers are regularly responsible of that)
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity