Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
You will be assisting the Associate Director of Legal and Compliance in maintaining and monitoring company’s compliance with the laws and regulations, company’s good corporate governance practices, internal policies and its documentation and any other compliance-related reports or documents that are relevant to day-to-day business operational activities, provide assistance and/or advice for other teams, as well as ensuring that the company is in compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the company.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of POJK regulations in P2P and multi finance sectors, ie. POJK 10/2022, POJK 35/2018 as well as a general understanding of the other applicable regulations including but not limited to AMLCFT, consumer protection, personal data protection as well as the relevant regulations applicable to Modalku, problem solving, independent & critical thinking, risk management, project management, and communication.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain compliance frameworks, initiatives/programs and policies, good corporate governance and to reduce the exposure of various risks in the organization.
- Build, maintain, monitor and ensure company’s compliance with the laws and regulations, including but not limited to POJK 10/2022, personal data protection, consumer protection, and anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CFT) regulations through periodical checking and gap analysis.
- Implement good corporate governance, internal policies (SOPs) and maintain as well as monitor its proper documentation.
- Conduct reviews of products, process, and documentation to make sure their adherence to compliance framework
- Scrutinize and test compliance programs, analyze findings and work with relevant teams to ensure that programs can be carried out based on the applicable laws and regulations
- Develop and maintain system to track regulatory and compliance findings and risk including assist and improve the process of regulatory related audits
- Educate, provide training, establish standard and guidelines for the internal team and the company as required by the Indonesian regulations/authorities
- Actively collaborate with other teams to create a culture of compliance
- Adapt focus on different compliance issues depending on company’s internal growth plans and regulatory & compliance requirement
- Conduct, ensure and maintain and effective reports to the regulator.
- Implement and maintain an effective AML/CFT program.
- Assists in various ad-hoc projects/tasks as needed.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Maintain communications with management, audit team and other relevant stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience in an audit role.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Possess relevant experiences in AML-CFT, with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes
- Exposures to the regulator (OJK/BI)
- Analytical mindset.
- Strong time management skills.
- Reliable, firm, honest and trustworthy.
- Have integrity in carrying out their duties.
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity