Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
FSMK in Indonesia has experienced expansion and encompasses diverse entities. It is also engaged with multiple regulations overseen by OJK, leading to heightened complexity, especially concerning tax considerations.
Modalku has garnered the attention of the tax office, mirroring the experience of recent tax audits and other crowdfunding enterprises. This situation, coupled with the presence of various new entities, has resulted in amplified reporting and tax prerequisites. The ongoing tax audits and inquiries underscore the necessity for proficient individuals capable of managing the tax affairs within the FSMK group.
What you will do:
- Ensure tax compliance with tax regulations for all taxes (VAT, WHT, CIT, etc) within tax time frame and lead the preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Support advisory to other department related to taxation and advise any new tax regulation that impact company business to relevant parties in the company
- Maintain tax reconciliation and tax balances on general ledger
- Develop and implement effective tax strategies to minimize the company's tax liabilities while ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Lead and support tax audits, working closely with external auditors and government authorities as needed.
- Assist in financial planning and budgeting by providing insights into tax implications of different scenarios.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Prior experience as a Tax Consultant would be advantageous
- Accreditation in Brevet A and B is preferred
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong knowledge in Indonesia tax law and regulation
- Ability to work independently and play a hands-on role in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity