Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Grow Relentlessly: Striving to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, can we help each other succeed.
- Test | Measure | Act: Staying curious and reinventing ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Creating impact through bias for action and tangible results.
- Serve with Obsession: Building win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
We are looking for a Sales Executive to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities for the Sales Team in Singapore.
You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide support in finding new prospects and converting these prospects. You will be an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong determination and communication skills, someone with creative strategies and excellent time management and organizational abilities.
What you will do:
The sales team plays a significant role in driving growth and, as a Sales Executive, you are a hunter for the sales team and will be instrumental in growing our portfolio of SME, Mid-Market and Enterprise clients in Singapore. You will qualify leads, conduct essential market research and gather insights to help take the business to new heights. Afterwhich, you will own the end-to-end sales process from prospecting, pitching, negotiating, objection handling, onboarding and nurturing of Gross Transaction Value (GTV):
- Research companies across industries, verticals and segments in Singapore and gather information on key decision makers through LinkedIn and other sources
- Target, find contacts for and and close (1) small, (2) mid market, and (3) enterprise customers through outbound activities to complement our top line growth alongside inbound channels
- Conduct screening and qualifying calls on all leads, quickly and intelligently identify key indicators and feed results back to the team in Singapore in insightful and actionable ways
- Ensure timely follow up with new customers to ensure they onboard onto the service and have a seamless experience with CardUp
- Conduct product demonstrations via video call to help users with onboarding and payment setup when required
- Understand all the prospects needs, problems or wants and explain how our solutions align with their pain points and Up-sell when appropriate
- Assist with sales tracking and reporting across the full sales funnel and own the moving of opportunities through the pipeline - from source, inbound leads, account sign ups and conversion.
- Grow topline sales funnel by supporting the team in outbound activities such as prospecting for meetings, researching contacts and key names within each target segment
- Strengthen our product - collate and research on key product feedback, competitor features, providing us a strong detailed view on CardUp in the landscape
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Attend networking events and workshops and generate leads and prospects to follow up with.
- Meet sales targets, and given OKRs and maintain strong data hygiene into all available CRM systems
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of sales and hunting experience in Fintech
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, desire to deliver results
- Ability to negotiate and understanding of marketing skills
- Knowledge of Cardup’s suites of product will be a bonus
- Avid interest in sales and commercial roles
- Willingness to learn and juggle multiple projects
- Capability to work under strong pressures to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Ability to time manage and prioritize multiple tasks well, from prospecting to following up and nurturing of leads to drive adoption.
- Sheer curiosity within payments and Fintech
- Ability to work well within short turnaround times and tight deadlines
- Willingness to support cross functional teams with strong communication skills
- Hard working, proven experience in qualifying customers and handling an extensive daily call volume.
- A passion for meeting the needs of the customer and generating maximum benefit from each customer interaction.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and delivering an exceptional customer experience at the same time
- Candidate must be adaptable to constantly changing requirements, and to be independent and highly disciplined.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality.
- Knowledge of MS Office Softwares, Hubspot, Metabase, Pipedrive, Qlik.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity