Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors.
And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
The Finance Manager / Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for
the financial controlling for our businesses in Singapore, Malaysia and other
Southeast Asia countries. You are responsible for financial reporting and
regulatory compliance. You will supervise the daily activities of the
accounting team and manage the professional development of direct
reports. You will also work together with local accounting firms. You will
develop and implement processes that facilitate collection, verifying, and
reporting of all financial data
What you will do:
- Responsible to financial statement and consolidation reporting for the group;
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Finance team, including timely month-end activities, tax, and regulatory reporting;
- Ensure timely compliance to all statutory, accounting, tax, legal and internal group reporting and disclosure requirements;
- Manage external audits, consolidation, corporate reporting in an IFRS compliant environment and auditor relationship; and
- Monitoring developments in tax legislation and developing tax strategies.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting, and development of consolidated information for the group; and
- Review and explain significant variances from prior period actuals, budgets, and forecasts in a timely manner.
Financial Processes and Control
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls; and
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk (financial, operational, legal, regulatory, etc.).
- Support corporate finance activities including due diligence, product / business expansion, investor reporting, etc;
- Provide financial advisory support to key stakeholders such as senior management and business leads; and
- Provide supports to the Treasury activities. Maintain relationships with the relevant Singapore banks; and
- Undertake other assignments which may be given from time to time.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications & Requirements
- You have a (minimum) Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred;
- You bring 6+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role. Preferably with a financial institution or a FinTech and Startup experience;
- Proven knowledge accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations (IFRS, SFRS, MFRS);
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Prior experience in Big 4 Audit firm will be preferred;
- MAS return and compliance experience will be a plus;
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; and
- Experience with Netsuite will be a plus (or equivalent ERP system).
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors
- You have above-par communication and inter-personal skills;
- You are the master of accuracy and precision but can determine when an analysis that is ‘directionally right’ is good enough;
- You are highly analytical, curious & business focused; and
- You bring in demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity