Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
As an experienced leader from the fintech industry, you'll develop and execute a strategy to scale our payments business, whilst managing P&L performance. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you’ll bring to the team deep domain expertise in payments and an ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment. You’re comfortable setting commercial strategy, exceeding sales targets and establishing operational processes to ensure products scale compliantly, taking the business to the next level!
What you will do:
- Own and manage the P&L for the payments business in Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Achieve solid growth and market leading position, whilst enhancing our reputation as a trusted financial services platform.
- Use your knowledge of the local market and SMEs to inform product strategy and development, partnering closely with the Lending, Strategy and Product teams.
- Build high performance teams across Sales, Customer Servicing, Business Development and Operations.
- Ensure compliance and strong, positive working relationships with government bodies and regulators.
- Lead local partnerships and develop strong networks across SME and digital ecosystems.
- Drive employee engagement in line with our culture and values.
What we are looking for:
- 12+ years of working experience in financial services with P&L responsibilities, with exposure to the FinTech industry
- Understand financial services, technology and risk management
- Experience working in both a startup / small firm and big corporates
- Experience building from the ground up, not limited to start-ups, but also driving key strategic initiatives within larger organizations
- Experience leading a team 10+ people, being a leader of leaders
- Strong industry network and experience working with regulators
- Strong growth mindset and servant leadership in alignment with our core values
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity