Senior Data Analyst (Finance)
Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies | Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Finance Data Analyst to join our dynamic team at Funding Societies. As a finance data analyst, you will be part of a fun team which will be working to support all business functions with finance focus in Funding Societies. In short, the function of a data analyst is to understand the needs of the business and use data to derive a solution that you will then present, implement, and track and add value to the company and its performance. In addition to having a knack for problem-solving, it is crucial that you are willing to learn, understand, and hear the needs of our people. We solve challenging problems. As long as you are adding value to the business, you are your own boss. You’ll get loads of support from your friendly, talented and motivated colleagues
What will you do:
- Develop financial analysis capabilities in the data team, create and conceptualize data models for finance metrics from multiple data sources
- Identify valuable data sources, automate and propose to optimise collection processes, design and implement with analytics engineer in our data-warehouse
- Collaborate with regional Finance and various business teams, drive projects and propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Deliver and maintain analytic solutions to support Finance Business Intelligence and other business requirements
- Enable and support in timely and accurate closing and revenue testing in audit
- Regulatory, management and other BAU reporting
What we are looking for:
- Strong enthusiasm for new experiences and to learn new skills
- Qualifications Bachelor in finance and/or quantitative related disciplines or equivalent. >2 years of experience in FinTech or financial industries.
- Strong logical reasoning and analytical mind, with can-do attitude
- Independent learner who enjoys technical challenges (Google is your best friend)
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills, with certain cross-departmental and cross-team projects experience, independently promoting project execution
- Experiences in working on performance management, cost allocation, financial statement analysis, building financial model with basic accounting understanding is preferred
- Exposure with ELT workflow, query optimisation and/or able to work with data architects/engineers to define warehousing logic
- SQL, Python, visualisation tools such as Tableau/Qlik experience required
- English is required
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity