Customer Support Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
If you’re looking for an exciting role where you can hone your analytical ability, business acumen and customer centricity, then look no further, this role is for you.
Unlike typical operational or support roles, this role isn’t just about closing tickets and reviewing claims. You will be the front face of Mamo, where you will have the opportunity to provide delightful support to our customers. You will also be a champion for our customers internally, where you will proactively seek to understand needs, show them how they can experience financial inclusion by using our products and finally sharing this feedback with the team to improve overall customer experience.
The most important skill-sets to excel in this role are attention to detail and excellent communication skills since you’ll be talking directly to customers, who we care deeply about at Mamo. You’ll support Mamo in its growth while working closely with our Customer support, Risk and Finance teams.
If you already have some experience with disputes that would be a plus, but this isn’t required. This will be a great learning opportunity where you’ll work closely with a team of very talented people, so if you’re passionate about FinTech or just want to kick-off your career in a startup, apply and let us know!
What you will do [ Customer Support ]
- Manage all customer disputes, including investigating and resolving customer complaints and refunds in a timely and effective manner.
- Review business claims, resolve processing issues, and detect and report suspicious activity to the compliance team.
- You will interact with customers daily on a variety of channels such as Intercom, phone, email, and social media, and ensure that all customer concerns are being dealt with immediately. Whether it’s a product bug, a payment issue, or just a question for clarification, you would take ownership, and help the customer get the most delightful experience they deserve.
- Assist customers with problem resolution via support tickets, phone calls and texts.
- Encourage customers to activate their services once they have come onboard and/or understand any obstacles they need help with.
- Assist customers with demos on how to use the product.
- Collect customer feedback and share with the team to help us improve our products and optimize the user experience.
- Ensure claims are promptly handled in accordance with internal policies and meet internal SLAs.
- Learn our products inside and out so that you can answer questions and feed back to the team on feature enhancements.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process, and proactively recommend ways to improve it.
- Full ownership of the Mamo Help Center, this includes making sure it is kept up to date and reviewed daily.
- Standardize customer support procedures and policies and document the knowledge.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
What we’re looking for
- We need a problem solver who is patient and kind, and someone who thrives on making genuine human connections. We don’t need a script follower!
- Patience is one of the most crucial skills for this role. Listening is vital and talking too much - neglecting to truly listen to customers prevents a true understanding of their issues.
- Empathy is necessary for understanding and helping our customers. The ability to understand things from their perspective can prove to be invaluable.
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written, is a must. Arabic is a bonus.
- Enunciation is key - ensure you speak with clarity and smooth pronunciation to avoid.
- You have a genuinely cheerful nature. Positivity in all situations; no-one likes to hear things framed negatively.
- Flexibility in addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- You are a collaborator and a team player and bring high energy to work each day.
- Resourcefulness - you have a get-things-done attitude.
- You have an innately investigative and curious nature.
- You have prior experience and interest in finance / payments.
- You possess proven ability to use multiple tools (technology) creatively during investigations to reach correct conclusions on customer issues.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design, and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, and design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and lending (capital).
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Mamo's vision, mission and values →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →