Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
We believe that to build products our customers love, we need empowered product teams where product managers, designers, and engineers work closely together and autonomously to create value for customers. This team, or squad as we call it, is driven by ambitious goals and a motivation to provide the best possible experiences for users. Shipping new features is necessary to accomplish this, but what really matters is driving impact for our customers and achieving results, in a way that is also viable for Mamo as a business.
At Mamo, our Product Managers own the end-to-end lifecycle of a product, from conducting user research to leading the go-to-market strategy and execution. We don’t have a dedicated Growth or Product Marketing team; we believe that Product Managers should own the success of their products, including how to effectively position the product in the market and drive customers to adopt it.
We expect our product managers to be visionary, able to think strategically about the big picture and set the product strategy and vision and inspire the team to deliver on it. But we also expect them to pay meticulous attention to detail, realizing the impact that every detail has on the customer’s experience - every word, every pixel, every interaction along every part of the user journey.
What we value most in a product manager is someone that is extremely customer-centric, empathetic, analytical, and a great problem solver. We also care about working with people that are good human beings and emotionally savvy. If you have a radical passion for something, are self-aware, and continuously learn and grow, and if you’re not afraid to speak up and challenge the status quo, then you’ll fit right in at Mamo. We don’t just want someone that is great at building products, we also want someone that is aligned with our values and culture. We want people that can help make Mamo a better version of itself, and we are looking for someone to help us on this journey.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
What you will do
- You’ll be responsible for the success of one of our products, managing the end-to-end product lifecycle and whatever is needed to drive its success.
- You’ll talk to users to understand their needs and pain points, and you’ll use these insights to drive the direction of the product and define product requirements.
- You’ll develop the product roadmap and build alignment on prioritization that drives product development.
- You’ll define goals and success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great user experience.
- You’ll partner with design and engineering teams to ship well-crafted products in a highly iterative delivery approach.
- You’ll lead the go-to-market strategy and execution of new product and feature launches.
- You’ll develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging based on user research and market insights.
- You’ll write content for communicating product updates to users, and collaborate with designers to create educational and marketing content for customers using a variety of creative mediums including videos, blog posts, webinars, and others.
- You’ll provide training and product documentation to enable other teams, especially sales and customer success, to effectively present and sell our product to customers.
- You’ll work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Mamo including sales, customer success, support, and others to ensure we provide a great experience for our customers.
What we’re looking for
- You’ve worked in the tech ecosystem for at least 3 years.
- You’ve worked in a product role for at least 1 year, preferably more.
- You’re passionate about solving users’ pain points and driving impact to improve people’s lives. You get irrationally excited about well-designed and well-built products you come across in your daily life.
- You have strong product sense and craftsmanship. You’ll own important product interactions with every Mamo customer, and you show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves in every decision you make.
- You get excited about conceptualizing solutions to customer problems. You’re also great at thinking critically while designing a solution and asking the right questions to help reach an optimal decision while having a holistic view of the impact on users, business, regulation, and others.
- You love data. But you also understand putting data into context and how to complement it with qualitative insights.
- You have a passionate energy for driving results by ensuring we’re reaching our target customer with the right messaging, through the right channels, at the right time, and for the right cost.
- You have high empathy and the ability to deeply understand the needs and feelings of a customer and to see the world through their eyes while resonating with their pain so much that you obsess about solving it for them.
- You’re an insatiably curious person and always want to understand the ‘why’ behind everything you do.
- You have excellent content writing skills and are a natural storyteller. You understand that verbal and visual communication skills are equally important.
- You listen well and communicate concisely to influence outcomes. You build consensus by default but can drive hard decisions when needed. You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and you know when and how to say no.
- You thrive on autonomy and minimal oversight. You expect a clear company strategy and mission, and then to be trusted to deliver with full autonomy.
- You’re organized and you understand the value of documentation and structure when needed.
- You’re driven by continuous learning and personal growth. You’re self-aware and understand the impact your actions have on other people. You know where you excel and where you need to develop, and you’re self-motivated to never stop learning.
- You care deeply about working in a company that is mission-driven, focuses on people and culture, and that is aligned with your personal values.
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and lending (capital).
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →