Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeam is looking for freelance writers who are skilled at taking complex medical information and distilling it down into easily accessible articles for readers.
Writers of color, writers with disabilities, and writers with health conditions covered by our sites (see list here) are encouraged to apply.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least two years experience writing about medical or health topics
- Proven ability to synthesize complex medical research into accessible articles for consumers
- Ability to write about a range of medical topics, including digestive disorders, oncology, dermatology, and beyond (Preferred background in writing for dermatology, neurology, or nutrition content)
- Commitment to hitting deadlines every week
- Commitment to producing detailed, high-quality, accessible medical content that can improve peoples’ health outcomes
MyHealthTeam is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
MyHealthTeam is a 100+ person, mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you.
With social networks in 52 different chronic conditions and over 4 million members, MyHealthTeam is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged there will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
$75 – $350/article
Interested candidates should complete this application form.