Senior Director of Partnerships (Media)
Senior Director of Partnerships (Media)
Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeam is seeking a highly entrepreneurial sales and business development professional to join our fast-growing bicoastal team. If you understand the pharmaceutical world, are super smart and motivated, and are passionate about making the pharmaceutical industry truly patient-centric, this could be the right fit.
We have organized our business development group into teams. Each team is managed by an experienced senior vice president of partnerships and, for this position, a veteran group vice president. We also work with a team of directors and managers of partnership success who support presentation and proposal-building and manage partner performance reviews. Together, we identify the highest-potential partnership opportunities, develop relationships with the best partners, and structure and negotiate agreements. You’ll work closely with our partner operations team to deliver and renew our products in media and custom content.
Success in This Role Looks Like:
- Identifying and securing meetings with — and generating interest from — four new pharmaceutical partners within the first quarter
- Signing more than $5MM in partnership revenue over the next two years
- Significantly developing and expanding our existing partnerships with pharma manufacturers and their agencies
- Achieving 90 percent+ partner satisfaction and retention
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience selling into commercial pharma teams and their agencies
- Passion for empowering people facing chronic health conditions, driven by the opportunity to make health care and drug development more consumer-centric
- Self-driven motivation — You thrive working independently, but you’re able to collaborate with a team
- Rigorous discipline in building and managing a customer base
- Compelling and persuasive public speaking with a knack for winning over supporters
- Ability to think on your feet
- Experience selling to GSK, Incyte, Astellas, or Pfizer would be a definite plus
Proven Ability To Overcome These Challenges Is a Must:
- Concerns of new, consumer-led health trends — The health care world has traditionally been pharma- and physician-led. That is rapidly changing as social networking and mobile technology put vastly more information and control in the hands of consumers facing chronic conditions. While this shift is applauded by many great people in the health care system, you will run into resistance from entrenched players and discover processes that must be overcome.
- A lean team — In addition to business development activities, you’ll be responsible for some alliance management activities as well. You’ll work with support from the EVP, SVP, and director of partnerships, our marketing and design team, and the directors of alliance management.
MyHealthTeam is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
This is a full-time, remote position. You are welcome to work in our downtown San Francisco office. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters are in San Francisco, and we have teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone at MyHealthTeam believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- This is a close-knit, hardworking company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success.
- At MyHealthTeam, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce.
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported.
- Nurture the professional growth of employees.
MyHealthTeam is a 90+ person, mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you.
With social networks in 52 different chronic conditions and more than 4 million members, MyHealthTeam is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged there will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Expected Salary Range
$125,000 — $140,000 plus monthly commissions and bonuses
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Director, Partnerships — Media.”