Ruby Software Engineer
Paubox provides secure communication for modern healthcare. Right out of the box.
We are a fast growing B2B startup based in San Francisco, ranking #320 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing privately owned companies. Our core solutions are HIPAA compliant, HITRUST CSF certified, and rated best in class by G2.com. Our mission is to provide market leadership in the HIPAA compliant email space.
We are seeking a skilled backend Ruby developer with Rails experience to join our engineering team. As an engineering team member you will work on the backend of customer-facing applications and system tooling. Our stack is primarily made up of Ruby on Rails (RoR) with a React front end, but the ideal candidate is security focused and will possess skills in a multitude of technologies.
This position is fully remote, but you must be located and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Work on the latest projects that require front end and back end coding
- Provide input into decision making, roadmaps, and development milestones
- Build features, resolve bugs, deploy hotfixes, and perform peer code review
- Write clear documentation for QA, engineering, and non-technical colleagues
- Expand test suites for existing applications and create test suites for new applications
- Regularly participate in Agile ceremonies including daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of Ruby, Rails, and React
- Experience with most of the technologies in our stack (Puma, Sidekiq, GraphQL, Prismic, Gatsby, Netlify, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Should have experience consuming, designing, and creating RESTful APIs
- Ability to think critically about new features, consider user needs and long-term maintainability
- Ability to be self-driven and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Previous experience migrating to React
- Proficient in multiple interpreted, scripted (Bash), and compiled languages
- Experience with AI, machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing
- Firm understanding of internet email systems (Postfix, SMTP, SpamAssassin)
- A willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why work at Paubox?
- We have a culture that is hardworking, honest, focused, and fun
- Healthcare benefits, including dental and vision
- 401(k) savings plan
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, in addition to paid holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Apple work laptop provided
- $500/quarter stipend for professional development
- Opportunity to grow within the company as Paubox continues to grow
Something looks off?