We pride ourselves on delivering world class solutions to our clients and rely on our talented and experienced Technology team to work together with Delivery to ensure product releases are delivered to the very best quality.
As a QA Engineer you will be involved in the testing stage of software development and deployment. You will work in a team to conduct manual and automated tests to ensure the software created is fit for purpose and any bugs or issues are resolved before the software is deployed to our users.
You will be an enthusiastic team worker who has a passion for developing your career in technology.
- Identify and raise incidents in a timely manner
- Write, run & maintain detailed test plans and test cases
- Liaise with internal teams including developers and product managers to identify system requirements and help to plan out our new features
- Provide QA support for existing customers by reviewing issues and ensuring timely resolution
- Provide QA support on new project implementations
Who we think will be a great fit
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar subject
- Have 12 to 18 months experience in a software testing or quality assurance role
- Have a strong working knowledge of software methodologies, tools and processes
- Have experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases
- Have experience of working in an agile/scrum environment
We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail who has a natural curiosity when it comes to technology. You will constantly question and challenge the functionality to ensure product quality.
Ideally you will have some experience of automated testing and/or good working knowledge of SQL but this is not a dealbreaker! It would also be good if you had any experience with WCAG or any accessibility testing - but again not a deal breaker! We are more than happy to hear from you if you are keen to learn these aspects on the job.
PlotBox is the innovative cloud-based deathcare management solution that enables cemeteries, crematories and funeral homes to serve their families in the best way possible. We are very clear on our mission; to take away some of the pain for families dealing with death and those who serve them, provide our customers with more time for what matters.
Headquartered in Northern Ireland, with offices in the United States and Australia, our growing, 80-strong multidisciplinary team of experts provides our partners with the same professional levels of service, support and satisfaction across the globe. We live and breathe our core values – Tenacity, Teamwork and Trust.
We have a passion for tech and innovation, actively exploiting new and cutting-edge tools and technologies to enhance our product and skillset. We actively promote from within and our dynamic scale up culture ensures that proactivity and initiative are rewarded with excellent career opportunities, progression and mobility.
How would our team describe life at PlotBox? When asked to describe our company, they use words such as fun, respect, care, team spirit, family feel, trust, happy, listen, sense of accomplishment, flexibility, development.
We are proud that, for the third year running, we have received our Great Place to Work® Certification™. This follows our top ten ranking on the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech list, as well as being named one of the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ For Women, and one of the 2022 UK's Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing.
Our staff have told us loud and clear that they love working for PlotBox; from the relaxed working environment to feeling truly valued in their roles. In addition, our purpose-driven mission and the sense of pride in doing what we do - to ultimately lessen people’s pain at the most difficult time of their lives - means a lot to our team.
Benefits Offered by PlotBox
Our headquarters are ideally placed in the beautiful and scenic countryside location around Ballymena, along with other office locations in the USA and Australia. We are constantly increasing our list of benefits which currently include:
- Investment in employee growth, and opportunity for development
- Regular wellbeing initiatives and health cash plans
- Safe and supportive culture; we foster continuous improvement in all aspects of work
- Career mobility and progression
- Regular travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Working - between office and home locations