To support recent growth and new business, we are now looking for a number of developers to join our existing sprint teams to boost our ability to deliver exciting new greenfield technology development. Sprint rotations will ensure you also have the opportunity to deliver against the product roadmap and respond to live fix issues and change requests.
We pride ourselves on delivering world class solutions to our clients and rely on our autonomous and cross-functional Development team to utilise a modern technology stack to build our PlotBox platform, an industry leading solution comprising of Web, Mobile and Native applications.
Working on the Development team, you will have a varied job, delivering product enhancements in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will be given responsibility to design and deliver core modules and features of the system. You get to contribute and make a real difference.
PlotBox are committed to personal development and time for training, you will join an established and experienced agile software development team who are committed to exploring and utilising modern and in-demand tools and technologies. You will have the opportunity to work alongside technology/industry experts continuously developing your own skills whilst gaining hands-on experience in a fascinating industry that makes a real difference to how our customers operate, making our jobs meaningful and rewarding.
You will be responsible for delivering pre-agreed activities within each sprint which will involve:
- Developing high-quality, maintainable software using object-oriented programming languages such as Java, PHP, or C#.
- Working with modern frontend frameworks, with a preference for Vue.js, to build intuitive user interfaces.
- Building and consume modern REST APIs, ensuring efficient and secure data exchange.
- Utilising your relational database skills for effective data management, including querying and configuration.
- Guiding and mentoring junior developers, fostering an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, playing a proactive role in problem-solving and project planning.
- Build an understanding and, over time, a strong working knowledge of the PlotBox Product
Who we think will be a great fit
You will have:
- A minimum 4 years of relevant experience in software development.
- At least 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming (Java, PHP, or C#).
- Proven experience with modern frontend frameworks, specifically Vue.js.
- Proficiency in building and consuming modern REST APIs.
- Strong skills in relational database management, including querying and configuration.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to commute to the Head Office and be based there at least 2 days per week.
- Jira Management/Competence
- Bitbucket Competence
- Competent in the Use of Developer Tooling
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, ensuring clear understanding among team members and stakeholders.
It’s not a deal breaker, but ideally you will have some:
- Prior experience with Azure is highly valued.
- Experience in the payments or financial services industry.
PlotBox is the innovative cloud-based deathcare management solution that enables cemeteries, crematories and funeral homes to serve their families in the best way possible. We are very clear on our mission; to take away some of the pain for families dealing with death and those who serve them, and provide our customers with more time for what matters.
Headquartered in Northern Ireland, with offices in the United States and Australia, our growing, 80-strong multidisciplinary team of experts provides our partners with the same professional levels of service, support and satisfaction across the globe. We live and breathe our core values – Tenacity, Teamwork and Trust.
We have a passion for tech and innovation, actively exploiting new and cutting-edge tools and technologies to enhance our product and skillset. We actively promote from within and our dynamic scale up culture ensures that proactivity and initiative are rewarded with excellent career opportunities, progression and mobility.
How would our team describe life at PlotBox? When asked to describe our company, they use words such as: ‘fun, respect, care, team spirit, family feel, trust, happy, listen, sense of accomplishment, flexibility, development’.
We are proud that, for the third year running, we have received our Great Place to Work® Certification and have placed in the Top Ten UK’s Best Workplaces™ 2023 Medium Organisations. This follows our top ten ranking on the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech list, as well as being named one of the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ For Women, and one of the 2022 UK's Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing.
Our staff have told us loud and clear that they love working for PlotBox; from the relaxed working environment to feeling truly valued in their roles. In addition, our purpose-driven mission and the sense of pride in doing what we do - to ultimately lessen people’s pain at the most difficult time of their lives - means a lot to our team.
Benefits Offered by PlotBox
Our headquarters are ideally placed in the beautiful and scenic countryside location around Ballymena, along with other office locations in the USA and Australia. We are constantly increasing our list of benefits which currently include:
- Investment in employee growth, and opportunity for development
- Regular wellbeing initiatives and health cash plans
- Safe and supportive culture; we foster continuous improvement in all aspects of work
- Career mobility and progression
- Regular travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Working - between office and home locations
- Life Insurance
- Active social and charity committee - lots of social events throughout the year
- Office perks: fridge and larder fully stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks
- Free Parking