Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We're a small team working on the region's first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you'd like.
As a Support Engineer, you will play a critical role in improving our user experience, as well as our Operations Team processes through researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving product-related problems faced by users. You'll also be responsible for selecting and creating tools and documentation to improve troubleshooting within the company as we scale our team, user base, and processes.
This might be a right fit if you:
- Can combine code understanding, deductive reasoning, and monitoring tools such as logs (backend/frontend/infra) to trace a problem to its root cause in a structured and efficient way
- Have a strong understanding of Request/Response and REST web framework
- Are able to use logs, debuggers and profiler tools in frontend and backend with effectiveness
- Enjoy reading and understanding a codebase (both frontend and backend) to build accurate knowhow of current architecture, logic and trace issues to their root cause
- Possess a strong understanding of React framework and/or Python (ideally Django)
- Are able to communicate directly with non-technical staff and clients with professionalism as well as write out the documentation that guides users in troubleshooting
- Naturally problem solve issues in a way where you translate a diagnosed problem into a suitable and effective solution
- Bonus: Have 1-2 years of technical experience in the production environment
- Bonus: Posses experience with any of Docker, GoLang, AWS
Some of what you'll do:
- Accurately diagnose 80% of incoming tech support issues with a strong level of ownership in gathering information and autonomy in problem-solving
- Resolve most client-related tickets in a timely manner, by resolving the underlying issue or sharing guidance about the system
- Create tools/documentation that can assist you/others in decreasing ticket creation or improving ticket resolution time
- Creating technical documentation of process flows to help support the team (tech or otherwise) problems solve issues
- Collaborating with the development team to create tools that help in giving the team visibility on common issues, and facilitate self-service diagnosing and resolution
Some of our benefits
- Remote and flexible work environment
- Diverse, driven, and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values)
- Market-competitive salaries
- A culture of growth - being mentored, coached, and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage
- Learning and development budget
Hiring process for this role:
- Application review
- Interview with tech team engineer (20 minutes)
- Interactive interview with the tech team (90 minutes)
- Culture-fit interview (30 minutes)
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.