Customer Support Associate
- Location: Remote working - UK only
- Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Salary: £24,000
- Working hours may include some weekend work
Obesity has become a global epidemic; in the UK, we spend £9 billion a year alone on diseases like type 2 diabetes (that’s 10% of the NHS budget). What’s shocking is most of this is preventable – through sustained lifestyle and habit change.
Enter Second Nature.
We’re here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital habit change programme – delivered digitally through mobile and web apps – helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We’re also one of the few consumer health brands that are also actively commissioned by the NHS (for us, it’s to help people living with type 2 diabetes).
We are looking to bring on a Customer Support Associate to help us manage communications and deliver a great service to our customers.
The role primarily entails:
- Responding to customer support queries through email
- Calling and on-boarding people who have been referred to the programme by their GP onto the Second Nature programme
- Calling our NHS and Partnerships customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on how to follow the programme and to obtain weight loss data at certain timepoints
- Problem-solving customer issues and handling complaints
- Speaking (primarily over email and phone) to people interested in making a healthy lifestyle change, and whether they would be appropriate for the Second Nature programme
- Replying to comments on our social media channels
The role will keep you on your toes, communicating with people from a wide range of backgrounds and health motivations. You'll get to know our programme and the app in a lot of detail and you'll gain great insights into our customers and their feedback.
- This is a heavily task-orientated role. Therefore, the ideal person really thrives on getting a lot of things done
- You're able to work to targets and always strive for continuous improvement, personally and within your work function
- You love communicating with people. Interacting with customers and solving their problems motivates you and gives you energy
- You'll need to be particularly strong, efficient and thorough when it comes to email- and phone call-based communications
- You'll be comfortable dealing with sensitive conversations over the phone
- You're a quick learner and you easily adapt to new or changing processes
- You're highly empathetic and care about the problems our customers are facing
- You'll see first-hand the impact that we have on improving thousands of people's lives and tackling the obesity crisis on a daily basis
- You'll get to work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic
- We have quarterly company socials!
- Supported CPD allowance
- Exposure to lots of different elements of the development of a tech healthcare company