People Ops & Office Coordinator (9-Month Maternity Cover)
About Second Nature:
Obesity and chronic lifestyle diseases have become a global epidemic, with significant financial and health implications. In the UK, we spend £9 billion a year on diseases like type 2 diabetes, which is preventable through sustained lifestyle changes. Second Nature is on a mission to eradicate these chronic lifestyle diseases through a unique approach that combines behavioural science, technology, and dedicated individuals.
Our digital habit change programme, delivered through mobile and web apps, empowers people to improve their lifestyle, manage their weight, and reduce the risk of conditions like type 2 diabetes. We are proud to be actively commissioned by the NHS to support people living with type 2 diabetes.
Second Nature is seeking an exceptional People Ops & Office Coordinator to provide critical support and administrative expertise during a 9-month maternity cover. In this role, you will play a vital part in ensuring our team enjoys a world-class employee experience while working at Second Nature. Your responsibilities will include coordinating and executing processes across all aspects of the employee lifecycle and assisting with various ad hoc People projects.
Please note that this maternity cover role is for 9 months, starting on 8th January 2024 and ending on 4th October 2024. It requires at least 2 days per week in the office (Mondays and Thursdays), with the remaining work being done remotely.
If you feel like the right fit for the job and are excited to join our mission to combat chronic lifestyle diseases, we encourage you to apply!
- Onboard new team members and create a memorable new joiner experience.
- Serve as the go-to person for People-related administrative and operational requests.
- Manage payroll, pensions, peer bonuses, employee benefits, and offboarding.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in our HR system, HiBob.
- Handle People Ops administration, including employment contracts, share options, visa applications, and DBS checks.
- Lead company-wide compliance processes, such as cyber security and privacy.
- Ensure that the office environment is engaging and inviting for our colleagues.
- Plan and coordinate events, conferences, parties, and socials.
- Collaborate with facilities and building management to support the office environment.
- Manage office supplies, equipment, and furniture orders.
- Process team expenses efficiently.
- Provide support to the Finance department with processing monthly payroll.
- Assist team members and our company founders with ad-hoc tasks.
- Ability to handle confidential data and sensitive information with empathy and discretion.
- Strong emotional intelligence in written and verbal communication.
- Methodical and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Comfortable working autonomously and coordinating multiple tasks under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proficient in supporting a remote-based team.
Who You Are:
- Ideally, you have experience working in a tech startup and have supported HR teams.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- A team player with a can-do attitude.
- Professional and personable.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Keen attention to detail.
- You can see the impact your work is having on improving thousands of people’s lives and tackling the obesity epidemic on a daily basis
- Hybrid working policy (2 days in the office) with a gorgeous office in West London 🏢
- CPD budget of £150 📚
- Peer bonus structure & founders awards 🤩
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro-rata) 🌊
- Regular company-sponsored socials 👯
- Work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues - all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic