Senior Engineering Manager
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
Our customers get through their inbox twice as fast as before; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
- Oversee and contribute to a multidisciplinary team of software engineers developing amazing user experiences.
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert.
- Create plans and processes, and drive execution for the engineering team.
- Hire and mentor a world-class team including providing coaching and career guidance.
- Advocate for code quality, new technologies, and architectural design within the company.
- Follow projects from inception through implementation to help ensure they are on time and of remarkable quality.
- Support initiatives to improve engineering efficiency, quality, and happiness.
- Collaborate with product and delight teams to ship incredible features and products.
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Experience: You have 10+ years of experience contributing to engineering teams including: 5+ years as a hands-on contributor, and 3+ years of which was leading teams.
- Management: You have a track record of managing and developing high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven teams.
- Communication: You understand topics in detail. You communicate clearly and with precision, both in writing and in person.
- Execution: You can take large, complex problems and break them into manageable pieces. You are a model of dependability.
- Attention to Detail: You exercise astonishing attention for detail in everything that you do.
- Hands-on: You're excited to dive into problems and code bases.
- Efficient: You move quickly and effectively, and always find ways to achieve more.
- Collaborator: You can influence and partner with a diverse team to achieve business results.
- Growth Mindset: You embrace challenges, welcome feedback, and see effort as the path to mastery. You believe that you and others can always learn and grow.
- Ownership: You take initiative to find solutions and focus on what must be done to create success.
- Proactively Positive: You demonstrate care and awareness for how your actions and words make others feel. You find ways to move forward from challenges stronger and happier. You chose to interpret situations positively rather than negatively.
- Grit: You pursue challenging goals with passion and courage.
- Location: We're open to you joining us in our San Francisco office, or from a home office anywhere in North America or South America.
The Senior Engineering Manager role may span a range of experience and expertise. Through our interview process, we will review your background, local market data, and use a mix of technical and qualitative assessments to determine where you fall in our range.
Our starting US-based salary range for this role starts from $200,000 - $210,000+, depending on experience. The salary range does not reflect total compensation, which includes base salary, benefits, and company stock options.
We are open to candidates in the US, Canada, or Latin America. We take a locally informed approach to non-US based compensation and will be able to share ranges based on your country of residence.
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 13 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Days, Flexible Holidays and a company-wide Winter Break.
- Generous parental, caregiver, healthcare, and compassionate leave policies.
Investing in Your Growth ✍️
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Free access to Calm and Taskhuman.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.